06 mei 2019 - 10 mei 2019
Life Sciences & Health Mission China
with Minister Hugo de Jonge | Ageing & Elderly Care
From 6 – 10 May 2019 the Embassy of the Netherlands in Beijing, the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, and Task Force Health Care (TFHC), will organize an Ageing & Elderly Care Mission to China, led by Minister of Health, Welfare and Sports, Mr Hugo de Jonge.
Background (country) elderly care sector
China’s elderly population of currently 230 million is growing rapidly. There is a shortage in the country of knowledge and experience of elderly care. This provides an opportunity for the Dutch sector to showcase its best practices and seek cooperation in China.
The Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports has good relations with the Chinese National Health Commission and the Ministry of Civil Affairs and has concluded a Memorandum of Understanding with both Ministries. The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) has actively sought alignment with the Netherlands to work together on facing the challenge of its ageing societies.
Elderly care is a priority for the Chinese government and it has installed a National Elderly Care Committee. This Committee has developed a vision for long-term care, with places homecare at its base, community-based care at the second level and institutional care for ultimate support. In order to further improve Chinese elderly care, the Chinese government encourages international parties to engage in collaboration with Chinese parties.
What can you expect?
The Elderly Care Mission provides excellent opportunities to get acquainted and/or improve your ties with the Chinese elderly care sector and seek new opportunities for cooperation. You can expect the following program components during the mission:
(Please note that the items below may be subject to change)
- Collective visits to relevant elderly care stakeholders in Beijing, Suzhou and Chengdu; such as elderly care facilities, Government, elderly care organizations and research institutes ;
- Introduction and seminar on the Chinese elderly care Sector;
- Sino-Dutch Elderly Care Conferences including bilateral meetings;
- Individual Matchmaking with relevant (future) partners, counterparts and business contacts
- Knowledge Sharing and possibly cooperation with participants within the Dutch Elderly Care Delegation as well as the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare & Sports;
- Presence and support from the Ministry of Health, the Dutch Embassy in Beijing and Task Force Health Care.
To increase the quality and success of the mission a participants meeting will be organised. After registration, you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this mission relevant for you?
The LSH Mission is relevant for companies and knowledge institutes active in ageing and/or elderly care in the Dutch Life Science and Health sector, in particular for those in the following fields:
- Elderly Care Facilities and Providers: facilities that provide housing and/or service to elderly populations, such as nursing homes, home care companies and specialised medical (geriatric) care providers
- Mobility & Vitality: Products and services concerning revalidation, rehabilitation, mobility, fitness, physical therapy, home care and vitality.
- Public Health: Products and services aimed at improving elderly care systems, policy, quality of care and increasing capacity.
- Elderly Care Development/Knowledge/Education: Products and services within the domains of research, education, training, consultancy and advisory services to optimise care capacity.
- eHealth: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies which contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalisation of the elderly care sector.
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the elderly care sector.
- Facility Build, design and equipment: Products and services concerning the design, building, furnishing, equipping, operations and maintenance of hospital and elderly care facilities.
Note: In favour of the scope and quality of the mission, we reserve the right to decline participants who do not fit within the relevant target group of this mission.
The participation fee is: €1200*
Discounts apply for:
- PIB Elderly Care China partners: €850*
- TFHC Asia partners: €950*
- TFHC partners: €1050*
A 50% discount will apply if you register a second participant from the same company.
*Costs for travel, accommodation, meals, and individual transportation are not included in the participation fee.
TFHC Terms and Conditions
How to join?
If you want to be a part of the Dutch LSH delegation please register before 5 April 2019 by filling in the online application form. This LSH mission has been made possible by the Ministry of Health, the Netherlands Embassy in Beijing and the “Partners in International Business” (PIB) Consortia on Elderly Care China. The LSH PIB Elderly Care China is a partnership between the Dutch Government, RVO and the TFHC.
For more information regarding the LSH mission, please contact: Cloé Geboers, T: +31 (0)70 21 99 000, E: firstname.lastname@example.org.